1877 First Lutheran missionary services in Carson Valley
1893 Rev. Julius Becker is first resident pastor
1895 Trinity Evangelical Church is formally organized May 26
1895 First services in nearly completed church held Dec. 24, 1895
1896 Church completed, living quarters added to rear of building.
1896 Herman Bohl is installed as Pastor on March 15. Confirmation and Sunday School classes organized.
1897 Dedication ceremony for newly-build church held June 20
1899 A 1,020-pound church bell cast in France installed.
1900 Rev. J.F.W. Hortsman installed Aug. 19.
1906 Parsonage constructed
1907 Rev. Frederick Menzel installed April 21. New constitution approved.
1908 Trinity becomes a member of the Evangelical Lutheran Synod Missouri.
1912 Congregation incorporates under the laws of the State of Nevada
1917 Missionary Ladies’ Aid organized on May 24.
1918 In May, the use of German is suspended until after World War I. Trinity Ladies’ Aid organized on March 21.
1921 Rev. Paul Felten is installed June 5, 1921
1925 Trinity’s congregation celebrates 30th anniversary on Aug. 9
1930 First building committee selected by church council
1931 Great Depression contributes to collapse of first building effort.
1939 Businesses close for first public Good Friday service.
1941 World War II begins. Many Lutherans enter the service, three will not come back.
1943 Harlan Fricke killed during a mission over Germany
1944 Walter Leehman killed while liberating Italy.
1945 Kenneth Storke killed on the island of Luzon. Storke’s grandfather, Henry Marquat donates the site for a new church.
1946 Second building committee selected on March 26. Pastor Felten’s 26th anniversary.
1953 Last service held in old church on Sept. 27. On Oct. 4 the new church is dedicated. Ernest Glock conducts the services.
1954 Mary Martha Guild organized in March
1955 Pastor Felten retires May 29 after 34 years of service to Trinity. On Dec. 11 Pastor Emil Leising is installed.
1956 First Vacation Bible School held on Aug. 20
1957 All of Trinity’s confirmation classes are reunited on June 10.
1960 Congregation celebrates Trinity’s 65th anniversary on May 29
1965 New Schlinker pipe organ played for the first time on April 15
1970 Trinity’s congregation celebrates the 75th anniversary with programs in May and November.
1981 Pastor Leising retires in January. Pastor Miller is installed in July.
1983 Trinity Preschool opens with Judy Saferite as the first director.
1985 On May 26, Trinity’s 90th anniversary is observed. Trinity Ladies Aid holds its last meeting on Dec. 19.
1991 Groundbreaking for addition to preschool.
1992 Education facility dedicated March 1
1993 Assisting Pastor Elmer D. Thyr, Em. comes to Trinity in November.
1995 Celebration of Trinity’s Centennial, July 1-2
*Chronology is taken from His Love Endures Forever: The story of Trinity Lutheran Church, Gardnerville, Nevada. Nevada’s first Lutheran Church.