Confirmation class is led by Pastor John. It is a one year program that includes weekly class time and assignments.
Confirmation Schedule 2019
February 3 Intro and 1st Commandment
February 10 2nd and 3rd Commandments
February 17 4th Commandment
February 24 5th Commandment
March 3 6th Commandment
March 10 7th Commandment
March 17 8th Commandment
March 24 9th and 10th Commandments
March 31 Law and Gospel
April 7 Apostle’s Creed – First Article
April 28 Apostle’s Creed – Second Article
May 5 Apostle’s Creed – Third Article
May 12 Prayer – Intro
May 19 Lord’s Prayer – First Petition
Memorial Day Break
June 2 Lord’s Prayer – Second and Third Petitions
Summer Break Through July to Resume August 11
August 11 Lord’s Prayer – Fourth Petition
August 18 Lord’s Prayer – Fifth Petition
August 25 Lord’s Prayer- Sixth and Seventh Petitions
Labor Day Break
September 8 Holy Baptism
September 15 Confession and Absolution, God’s Forgiveness
September 22 Holy Communion
The Word of God says, “He that believes and is baptized…”(Mark 16:16)…reaffirmation of citizenship…heir
“Let a man examine himself…” (1 Corinthians 11:28)….preparation for Holy Communion
“Grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ…” (2 Peter 3:18)
This is a tremendously important period of instruction to continue in a life of responsible church membership.
“…teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you.” (Matthew 28:20)…. Jesus’ mandate to educate in God’s Word throughout our lives.
OBJECTIVES OF CONFIRMATION INSTRUCTION
- That the confirmand possess a greater conviction of his/her salvation in Christ Jesus through a deeper study of God’s Word.
- That the confirmand have a growing desire and ability to live under Christ Jesus, to serve Him in His kingdom, and to continue hearing and studying God’s Word both individually and with others.
- That the confirmand demonstrate and enjoy a maturing relationship with his/her Lord through a faithful life of devotion, worship and adoration of God.
- That the confirmand realize his/her instruction is one of many steps in the life of a Christian disciple; a process which began at Baptism and continues throughout life.
- That the confirmand develop a deeper understanding of his/her privileges and responsibilities as a member of The Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod and particularly of this congregation.
- That the confirmand’s parents embrace their responsibility in the growing spiritual life of their children.
YOUR OBLIGATION AS A PARENT
At the beginning of each Chief Part of Luther’s Small Catechism, Luther writes “As the head of the family should teach it in a simple way to his household.” It is with this philosophy that Trinity Lutheran has developed our Confirmation Curriculum. It is our desire to partner with you in the instruction of your children, and our weekly meetings and assignments are designed to help students grow in their faith. We encourage parents to engage in study and discussion with their children throughout the week.
“Train a child in the way he should go….” (Proverbs 22:6)
“These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children…” (Deuteronomy 6:6-7a)
THE SUCCESS OF CONFIRMATION INSTRUCTION DEPENDS UPON PARENTAL INVOLVEMENT!
- Speak ENTHUSIASTICALLY of the class and its opportunities.
- REGULAR ATTENDANCE at church and Sunday School is part of the youth’s training and faith development. Allow no conflicts of time to rob them and you of your weekly appointment with God in church.
- PRAY for your youth…for class members….and for the Pastor.
- Be a GOOD EXAMPLE by your own FAITHFUL ATTENDANCE at church and Adult Bible Class.
We are thrilled to join you in this blessed task under our Savior! For questions, please call or email Pastor John.
Church Office: 775.782.8153