Confirmation class is a one year program where we meet once a month. Below is information about confirmation and this years meeting dates.
CONFIRMATION MEETING DATES (2017-2018)
- November 5 @ 12:30 p.m.
- December 3 @ 12:30 p.m.
- January 7, 2018 @ 12:30 p.m.
- February 4 @ 12:30 p.m.
- March 4 @ 12:30 p.m. w/parents
- April 15 @ 12:30 p.m.
- May 6 @ 12:30 p.m.
- June 22-25 (Jr. High District Youth Gathering)
- NO Meeting in July
- August 5 @ 12:30 p.m.
- September 9 @ 12:30 p.m.
- October 7 @ 12:30 p.m.
The Word of God says, “He that believes and is baptized…”(Mark 16:16)…reaffirmation of citizenship…heir
“Let a man examine himself…” (1 Corinthians 11:28)….preparation for Holy Communion
“Grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ…” (2 Peter 3:18)
This is a tremendously important period of instruction to continue in a life of responsible church membership.
“…teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you.” (Matthew 28:20)…. Jesus’ mandate to educate in God’s Word throughout our lives.
OBJECTIVES OF CONFIRMATION INSTRUCTION
- That the confirmand possess a greater conviction of his/her salvation in Christ Jesus through a deeper study of God’s Word.
- That the confirmand have a growing desire and ability to live under Christ Jesus, to serve Him in His kingdom, and to continue hearing and studying God’s Word both individually and with others.
- That the confirmand demonstrate and enjoy a maturing relationship with his/her Lord through a faithful life of devotion, worship and adoration of God.
- That the confirmand realize his/her instruction is one of many steps in the life of a Christian disciple; a process which began at Baptism and continues throughout life.
- That the confirmand develop a deeper understanding of his/her privileges and responsibilities as a member of The Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod and particularly of this congregation.
- That the confirmand’s parents embrace their responsibility in the growing spiritual life of their children.
YOUR OBLIGATION AS A PARENT
At the beginning of each Chief Part of Luther’s Small Catechism, Luther writes “As the head of the family should teach it in a simple way to his household.” It is with this philosophy that Trinity Lutheran has developed our Confirmation Curriculum. We want to partner with you in the instruction of your children. We have developed monthly modules which allow for student and parent to grow in their faith alongside each other. Our monthly meetings allow for a deeper discussion and allow for parents to ask questions as well.
“Train a child in the way he should go….” (Proverbs 22:6)
“These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children…” (Deuteronomy 6:6-7a)
THE SUCCESS OF CONFIRMATION INSTRUCTION DEPENDS UPON PARENTAL COOPERATION!
MONTHLY MODULE INFORMATION
Each month you will be given a module that is to be complete by the next monthly confirmation meeting. Each module will be based on Luther’s Small Catechism corresponding to relevant topics in a student’s life. Each module will be focusing on three questions:
- So What?
- Now What?
- Dr. Martin Luther’s Small Catechism with Explanation
- Monthly Modules
- Computer/Internet Access
- Speak ENTHUSIASTICALLY of the class and its opportunities.
- REGULAR ATTENDANCE at church and Sunday School is part of the youth’s training and faith development. Allow no conflicts of time to rob them and you of your weekly appointment with God in church.
- PRAY for your youth…for class members….and for the instructors.
- Be a GOOD EXAMPLE by your own FAITHFUL ATTENDANCE at church and Adult Bible Class.
We are thrilled to join you in this blessed task under our Savior! For questions, please call or email Holly.
Church Office: 775.782.8153