Sundays @ 9:30 a.m.
Below is the PDF for the weekly readings.
Tuesdays @ 11:30 a.m.
These religious leaders challenged Jesus about allowing His disciples to pluck grain on the Sabbath and about Him healing a man on the Sabbath. Some among the Pharisees even went so far as to accuse Jesus of casting out demons “by Beelzebub, the ruler of demons” (Matthew 12:24). The episode signaled a turning point in Jesus’ teaching style. Whereas before He had taught sermons peppered with prophetic texts from the Old Testament, He would now only speak in parables when He taught publicly.”
Join Holly Nelson as we explore many of the parables Jesus told in the Gospels. As we examine these stories, you will discover how Jesus used this teaching style to clarify the truth with those with “ears to hear” but hide the truth from those who rejected His message.
We will spend two weeks on each lesson.
- January 9/16: A Lesson About Justice and Grace (The Vineyard)
- January 23/30: A Lesson About Neighborly Love (The Good Samaritan)
- February 6/13: A Lesson About Justification by Faith (The Pharisee and the Tax Collector)
- February 20th: No Class
- February 27/March 6: A Lesson About Faithfulness (The Ten Virgins/The Talents)
- March 13/20: A Lesson About Serpentine Wisdom (The Unjust Steward)
- March 27: No Class
- April 3: No Class
- April 10/17: A Lesson About Heaven and Hell (The Rich Man and Lazarus)
- April 24/May 1: A Lesson About Persistence in Prayer (The Persistent Widow)
- May 8/15: A Lesson About God’s Love (The Prodigal Son)
Thursdays: @ 6:30 p.m. – Join Pastor Russ and Cecile Howen.
The class is now meeting at 6:30 p.m.
Christ Care Groups – (meets in homes)
Small groups, with a variety of goals, are active in this ministry. Each group is under the direction of a small group leader who has received 40 hours of training. Each group decides when and where to meet and how often. Some concentrate on increasing their spiritual growth and Biblical knowledge, while others concentrate on providing spiritual support and fellowship.
We meet at the Aspen Park Clubhouse (Farm House)
Host: Doris Hofer
Leader: JoAnn Baker